The South Auckland Research Centre holds the most extensive collection available of materials relating to the history and development of South Auckland and the Counties-Manukau area. Holdings include:
- Books, pamphlets theses and reports relating to the history, society and natural environment of the Counties-Manukau area. These items are all listed on the Auckland Libraries catalogue
- Major New Zealand Government publications of historical interest, including the New Zealand Gazette, the Appendices to the Journals of the House of Representatives, and Journals of the Auckland Provincial Council [Find out more...]
- Videos, compact discs and DVDs about or produced in Manukau (these items are also catalogued)
- An extensive collection of newspapers of local interest. The New Zealand Herald, held on microfilm from 1863 onwards, includes many items of local interest. Other holdings include the South Auckland Courier and successor titles, the Manukau Courier, Eastern Courier, Counties Courier and Papakura Courier, and a wide range of other Counties-Manukau titles [Find out more...]
- A representative selection of newsletters and periodicals published by Counties-Manukau organisations. Holdings are being progressively listed on the Manukau Libraries catalogue
- A collection of items of ephemera produced in Manukau [Find out more...]
- A selection of maps of current and historical interest relating to the region. These items are all listed on the Auckland Libraries catalogue. Some are available online [Find out more...]
- More than 15,000 photographs of Manukau historical interest. Some are available online [Find out more...]
- A number of archives and manuscripts of Manukau significance. These are mostly reported on the Community Archive website [Find out more...]
- A small collection of oral history recordings. Recording equipment is available for loan to Manukau residents and heritage organisations for making recordings relating to the history and development of Manukau City and the region. [Find out more...]
hoki ki runga
Donations of heritage materials are welcome. For more information, please email Bruce Ringer, Manager South Auckland Research Centre, email@example.com.
Reference staff can provide advice and assistance to users researching South Auckland or Counties Manukau history. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
hoki ki runga