Write a poem about Manukau and it may be published here
We are looking for fresh, readable well-written poems that relate to people, places, experiences or events of the past or present in South Auckland or the Counties Manukau area for possible publication on our website.
Who can enter
- Submissions will be accepted only from poets 18 years of age or over.
- Poems must be by authors living or working in the Counties Manukau area.
How to enter
- Submissions may be made to Bruce Ringer, Auckland Libraries, Private Bag 76917, Manukau 2241 or email email@example.com.
- In all cases the poet must include his or her name, home and/or work address and contact telephone number on each page.
- Submissions by post must include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
- Selection of poems both for the website will be made by an editorial board (membership under review).
- The decision of the editorial board is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The fine print
- Poems may be submitted in English or Māori, or in any other language widely spoken in Manukau if a good English translation is also provided.
- Original poems are sought, but previously published poems are acceptable if the poet includes full details of previous publication and permission for the poem to be reprinted.
- Submission of a poem signifies the poet's permission to publish it on the Manukau Libraries website and in any related anthology, but the poem remains the copyright of its author.
- No payment will be made for publication.
View 'Manukau in poetry'.
back to top