Do you need to convert some files?
Zamzar is a free-to-use website that allows on-the-fly conversion of various image, audio, video and document files. Users don't need to create an account to use this service. It's as simple as selecting a file to convert, choosing a format to convert to, typing in your email address (the converted file link is emailed to you for download) and clicking convert. Please note that you must have an email address to convert files using Zamzar. See a list of our internet charges.
1. Login to a Learn.Net computer by entering your first name and then password. You are also able to enter your library barcode and then password.
2. You will be presented with the Manukau Libraries Learn.Net desktop. Double click on the Internet Explorer icon (blue ‘e’).
3. When the Manukau Libraries website appears click in the URL (address) bar and type www.zamzar.com
4. There’s no need to register. In the ‘Step 1’ section click ‘Browse’ to upload your file.
5. When the dialogue box opens select where your file is currently located (e.g. My Documents, flash drive, cd, floppy disk etc.). In this instance we are choosing a word document saved in the My Documents folder on the hard drive.
6. Click ‘Open.’
7. In the ‘Step 2’ section click the arrow.
8. Choose which file format you would like to convert your document to (in this instance, a pdf file).
9. In ‘Step 3’ please enter your contact email address.
10. In ‘Step 4’ click ‘Convert.’
11. When the message displays ‘About to convert 1 file from DOC to PDF’ click ‘OK.’
12. When you see the ‘File upload complete’ message then the conversion has been successful. Check your email account for a download link to the converted file. Please be aware that the emailed link may not be instantaneous.
Please note: the following file formats can be converted: bmp, gif, html, jpg, mp3, odt, pcx, pdf, png, ps, tiff, thumbnail, txt